Allergic Living Magazine Editor-in-Chief Gwen Smith has been featured on our website before, and now she has a Holiday gift for BAAAB readers.
Inside the Winter 2011 Allergic Living:
- The Cover story is: “Throwing the Ultimate Party”. Why risk mystery foods at someone’s else’s place – let AL be your guide to hosting your own fabulous free-from party. Chef Simon has sensational recipes: From crispy duck breast to sweet and sour chicken balls, beef skewers, vegetable terrine and more – all AL’s recipes are free of top allergens and gluten.
- And now for dessert … Allergen-free chocolate layer cake, plus elegant holiday cookie recipes, courtesy of the Gluten-Free Goddess.
- Sprucing up your home? Don’t miss our feature “The Home That Breathes”. Get out the bad toxins, while AL introduces you to the stylish furnishings that won’t off-gas VOCs.
- Columns: Gina Clowes, allergy life coach and creator of Allergymoms.com, offers great advice for helping your family to “get” your child’s food restrictions, while Mireille Schwartz helps adults with food allergies stay safe amid the passing platters of the big family celebration. Meanwhile FAAN CEO Maria Acebal considers how far we’ve come in food allergy research and awareness.
- Food Allergy Features: AL explores whether there could ever be a “safe level” of peanut in food and what your teen isn’t telling you about how he manages his food allergy.
- Allergy-Friendly Gift Guide: Perfect presents for your allergic child or teen.
- The Scoop: Our journalists bring you the latest, such as how scientists have figured out how to “turn off” peanut allergy in mice; the controversy over pets and the allergic on planes; and the wrenching story of a child tossed out of daycare – because of allergies.
Click here to head on over to Allergic Living and use our promo code for a discounted subscription: org2365FAAN